Thanks to our Bakers & Tasters, we raised over $200 for #RelayForLife benefitting the American Cancer Society! Great Job HCLC!
A Delicious Way to Donate to the American Cancer Society
Last year’s Bake-Off for Life was so much fun that the Holy Cross Relay for Life team is planning another one for this year! The 2016 Bake-off will be held on April 17th to raise money for our participation in the Herndon Relay event. Desserts will be available for tasting between services and during the lunch. Voters can purchase tickets to vote for their favorite dessert and have a chance to take it home with them.
Flour-up! Bakers of all ages are invited to submit a dessert for the bake-off. Categories include: cakes, pies, cookies, candies, chocolate, fruit, gluten-free, young bakers (aged younger than 13), and teen bakers (aged 13-19).
- Submit two items/batches of your entry: one to be divided for tasting at the bake-off and one for giving away to a lucky fan. (Example: if you are baking a chocolate cake, bring two cakes made with your recipe. If you are submitting cookies, bring four dozen – 2 dozen will be for tasting and 2 dozen given away).
- Label your item with ingredients for allergy-safety. Do not put your name on the label.
Awards for bakers and voters:
- Voters will purchase tickets to use to submit their votes in a box placed with each entry. You can submit multiple votes for a dessert!
- At the end of the event, tickets will be counted for each entry. The winning entry in each category will receive an award. Judges will also give awards for creativity, taste, presentation, etc.
- A ticket will be drawn from each entry. The voter with the selected ticket gets to take the “whole” version of the dessert. So, if you really liked that chocolate cream pie- stuff the voting box with tickets!
Contact Vivian Jefferson at email@example.com for more information.