HCLC Relay for Life Team Raises Money for the American Cancer Society
Celebrate * Remember * Fight
Join with other members of Holy Cross as we participate in the Herndon Relay for Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society. We’ll be walking the track at Herndon Middle School on June 6-7 as part of the Herndon Relay for Life event. Cancer strikes ONE in 2 men and ONE in 3 women in their lifetimes. The American Cancer Society is fighting the disease by funding research, promoting awareness, and supporting cancer patients and caregivers. Many members of our congregation have been diagnosed with cancer or have a loved one who has had the disease. Relay for Life is an opportunity for us to show them we care!
How can you get involved?
1) Join our team!!
to walk at least one hour between noon on Saturday, June 6 and 6:00 AM on June 7. Yes, walkers are needed throughout the night! Sign up on our team webpage by May 1: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/HCLCHerndon
2) Donate to the Holy Cross team on our webpage. We are trying to raise $2,000.You can also share the webpage with your family and friends to ask them to donate to our team.
3) Dedicate luminaria in honor or memory of someone who has had or is living with cancer.
4) Send pictures of the people you are honoring to HerndonFaces@gmail.com for a slideshow that will be shown during the luminaria ceremony.
5) Help set-up or take down our campsite at the event.
6) Attend the Holy Cross Bake-Off to benefit the American Cancer Society on May 3rd. Donate baked goods or purchase tickets to vote for your favorite dessert!!!
SURVIVORS & CAREGIVERS: Survivors are invited to walk the first lap of the Relay after the opening ceremony at noon. There will also be a free dinner in the evening for survivors and caregivers.
Contact the HCLC Evangelism Chair for more details!